If you’re looking for an effective way to tighten, lift and rejuvenate your skin, micro-needling could be for you! But what exactly is “DermaPen” micro-needling? These treatments are a non-surgical skin care procedure designed to increase collagen production and reinvigorate your skin. The benefits of DermaPen facials include a brighter complexion, smoother skin texture, reduced wrinkles and fine lines, and an overall more youthful, glowing appearance.
Want to know more? Discover exactly how DermaPen treatment works, or book your consultation at our Southampton skincare clinic for your next micro-needling facial!
How does DermaPen treatment work?
The DermaPen micro-needling facial involves pricking the skin with a series of tiny medical grade and sterilised needles. By doing this, the outer layer of your skin is gently targeted to encourage your body’s natural healing process and stimulate the production of collagen for brighter, tighter and lifted skin.
We use the official DermaPen micro-needling equipment at our Southampton skincare clinic; meaning our licensed aesthetic professionals are able to use the most advanced tools on the market to safely provide ultra-precise facials tailored to your exact skincare goals.
The DermaPen offers more control compared to traditional micro-needling tools, with an adjustable tip to modify the penetration depth from half a millimetre to two and a half millimetres. This ensures the treatment isn’t too deep in sensitive areas, so you experience less pain and a quicker recovery time. The DermaPen is small and precise, which means it can get to the hard-to-reach areas around the eyes, nose, and lips making it the perfect tool for full facial skin rejuvenation.
This treatment is ideal for you if you want to restore your skin and achieve a natural ‘glow from within’.
DermaPen micro-needling facials can treat the following:
- Fine Lines and Ageing – It will lift and tighten sagging skin, eliminating fine lines making it an amazing anti-ageing treatment to maintain a youthful complexion!
- Acne Scars – Micro-needling works to break up the fibrous tissue, stimulating the growth of new, healthier tissue in its place.
- Keloid and Surgical Scars – DermaPen treatments penetrate into scar tissue, improving their appearance, size, and texture helping to restore self-esteem.
- Dull Skin – DermaPen treatments are highly effective for facial rejuvenation, giving tired and dull skin a new lease on life.
- Pigmentation – Do you have unwanted age spots, freckles or dark circles? DermaPen treatments are highly effective for treating pigmentation for a smooth, even complexion.
- Stretch Marks – DermaPen treatments are a safe way to use your own body’s natural response to produce collagen and elastin to get rid of stretch marks.
If you are worried about booking a DermaPen treatment at our Southampton skincare clinic because of the pain of the needles, fear not, a topical anaesthetic is applied before treatment to ensure the process is entirely painless.
To prepare for your DermaPen treatment and get the best results, make sure you keep yourself hydrated in the week before your booking and maintain a healthy diet full of fruit and veg to prepare your skin.
What is the DermaPen treatment process?
- The process starts with a deep cleanse of the face to remove any dead cells, dirt and dust, allowing more effective penetration of the needles into the skin for better treatment and results.
- Next is the micro-needling stage where the DermaPen is used to penetrate the skin. As this is done, it plumps the skin up, reducing the appearance of scars, fine lines, dark spots and wrinkles making you look more radiant.
- After the DermaPen has been used, a cooling mask is applied to reduce inflammation as a result of the treatment. Some treatments also include a post-treatment repair serum or cream that helps reduce the appearance of inflammation, redness and swelling. It’s important to keep the skin hydrated to maximise the benefits of the process and help minimise the recovery time allowing you to get back to normal life quicker.
The treatment isn’t exclusively for the face and can also be used on the neck and décolletage. Depending on how many areas are being treated, the procedure should last between 20 – 30 minutes. But for more severe problems such as acne scarring, multiple sessions at our Southampton skincare clinic may be required to see the best effects.
The treatment also helps the skin to absorb products more efficiently, this means you can make the most of your skincare products or the facial treatments from our Southampton skincare clinic.
It is a minimally invasive procedure that is affordable for the benefits you’ll receive, making it suitable for just about anyone. It has no severe side effects allowing recipients to maintain their usual lifestyle habits with no interruption.
How long do DermaPen treatment results last?
You should expect to see tissue rejuvenation and cellular turnover almost immediately, but the reduction of acne scars may take more than six weeks to fully realise. This is because it takes time for your collagen production to provide you with new healthy skin.
After the procedure, most people bask in their fresh skin for 2-3 months, but this will differ from person to person as everyone’s skin is unique. You can reduce your recovery time and extend the length of your results by following a good aftercare routine, including:
- Staying hydrated
- Avoid direct sunlight and use sunscreen
- Ensure you have a balanced diet with plenty of vitamins
- Wait for one to two days before applying makeup to the treated areas
- Use a cooling face mask
- Collagen stimulating peptides
Get in touch with our expert practitioners at our Southampton skincare clinic and book your DermaPen treatment today!