Getting your hair done at a hairdresser is a treat for a lot of us, but is it something you’re doing often enough? And how often should you get your hair cut?
The general rule of thumb is that you should visit your hairdressers for a trim every 6-8 weeks, although this can vary depending on your hairstyle and type.
What are the benefits of having your hair cut or trimmed more regularly?
Aside from wanting to try a new look or keeping ahead of new hairstyle trends, there are actually benefits to regular hairdresser visits.
- Reduce damage
- If you’re regularly using a hairdryer or heated styling tools, getting your hair trimmed every 6-8 weeks will revive your look, remove split ends and stop more damage occurring.
- Make your style last longer
- When you’ve got a specific style that needs a little maintenance, a regular trim will keep your hair looking like its fresh out of the salon.
- Look great, feel better
- Having your hair cut or trimmed every 6-8 weeks will get rid of split ends and snags, leaving your hair looking smoother, well kept and freshly styled for longer.
- Let it grow
- If you’re looking to grow your locks out, it might surprise you that a regular cut may actually help! Regularly trimming those split ends off will help your hair grow longer and healthier.
So how often should you get your hair cut to keep it healthy?
For example, if you’re rocking a fringe, you’re probably going to want to visit your local hairdresser monthly to keep it fresh and blunt.
Whereas, if you have a layered style which you’re looking to grow out gradually you’d be advised to book in with your hairdresser every 8-12 weeks to keep your hair bouncy and healthy as it grows out.
When you’ve got a short/pixie cut you’ll probably need to get a trim every 4-5 weeks, and around every 6 weeks for those with long bobs.
In general, for medium length hair, layered or dyed hair we’d recommend visiting your hairdresser every 6-8 weeks to keep your style fresh and healthy!
Are you long overdue a trip to the hairdresser?
Get in touch with RUMA, your local Southampton hairdresser – you deserve it!